soal soal pak budi
A Class School of English Placement Test B
This test is to make sure we place you in a class that is the correct level for you.
You have 45 minutes to complete as much of this test as possible. The test starts
out easy and then becomes more difficult. Choose the best answer.
1. What’s _____ name?
2. A “________did you arrive in Malta?” B “Last night.”
D) What time
3. A Did you _____ the online test? B Yes I did.
4. Wow! How _____ CD’s do you have?
5. Would you like_____ coffee?
6. My host family’s house is _____ the supermarket and the petrol station.
7. The temperature in Malta never goes_______ zero.
2.A Class Placement Test B
8. He was married ten years________.
A) before now
B) long ago
9. I would like an ice-cream for _____ please.
10. My friend Alan doesn’t ______ how to speak German, can we speak English
11. I don’t have to do_____ today.
12. Malta is famous for its fantastic_______ .
13. Maria is married ____ my friend Pierre.
14. Excuse me, I was wondering if you could_____ help me, I’m lost. I’d like to
go to Valletta. Where is the nearest bus stop?
3.A Class Placement Test B
15. I _______ to my brother’s wedding next week.
A) am go
B) will go
D) am going
16. What would you like to_____ with sir?
17. I_____ the soup please.
B) ‘ll have
D) am wanting
18. Have you ever______ in an airplane before?
19. I am not driving tonight because I’ve had four beers and that’s quite a _____
A) lots of
20. I think Radiohead is ________ band in the world.
B) the bestest
C) the better
D) the best
21. I’ve been ______ a lot of pain these last few days. I’ve got a toothache.
22. You need to ______ up your mind and take a decision.
4.A Class Placement Test B
23. If you want to improve your English, you_____ practice talking in English.
B) should be
C) had to
D) ought to
24. A Class is close to Paceville, you can go there _____ .
A) by walk
B) by foot
C) on walk
D) on foot
25. Don’t be put_____ by his tattoo’s and beard. He is really friendly.
26. I have very______ skin, it burns very easily.
27. I _______ my best friend Angelica for 10 years.
A) have know
C) have been knowing
D) have known
28. You ______ take an umbrella with you to Malta in summer as it hardly ever
D) don’t must
29. If they had waited for Klaus, they______late.
A) would have been
B) would be
C) were to be
D) would to be
30. When water is cold, it _______.
B) has frozen
D) gets freezed
5. Class Placement Test B
31. If he decides to try Timpana, a typical Maltese food he _______ it. It’s
A) will regret
B) is regretting
C) not regret
D) won’t regret
32. She ________ to send some e-mails after school.
D) wants to
33. Look at the camera Mario, I want to ______ a photo! Say cheese!
A) have B) make C) do D) take
34. I’ve been in Malta learning English______ last Monday.
A) since B) up to C) until D) on
35. My hair looks terrible. I really need_______
A) to be cutting my hair B) to cut my hair C) to get my hair cut
D)to get cut my hair
Go to the next page
6.A Class Placement Test B
Choose the best word to fit in the text
Sleeping properly is important for everyone. The actual (36)_______ of sleep you
need depends (37)_______ your age. Children (38))______ to sleep between ten to
twelve hours, and teenagers about nine hours. Adults differ a lot in their sleeping
(39)_______. Normally, seven to eight hours of sleep a night is (40)_______,
however some people only need about four hours.
Having a comfortable (41)_______ to sleep in essential. There should also be
(42)_______ of fresh air. If you are having problems sleeping, a warm milky drink
can help. It is not a good idea to drink coffee or it may keep you up.
(43)________you are travelling a long distance, try to go to bed earlier than usual
the day before the (44)_______ as this will help you feel less tired when you
36. A) size
37. A) to
38. A) need
39. A) ways
40. A) much
41. A) point
42. A) much
43. A) since
44. A) journey
7.A Class Placement Test B
Read the text and choose the best answer for each space.
Researchers who study identical twins who have been separated at (45)______ and
had been looked (46)_______ by different families found some (47)_______ results.
The separated twins were often similar, not only in (48) _______ but also in
intelligence and their personalities.
One famous set of twins were reunited at the age of forty. They were (49)_______
called Bob and (50)_______ a great deal in common. These brothers ,who (51)
______ part in the study, also drove the same model of car and both had a dog
called Bruce. They also worked as estate agents and married and divorced a
woman called Linda before remarrying a woman called Elizabeth. These
remarkable coincidences occur so often that it is (52)______ to simply say they
happened because of (53) ______.
45. A) beginning
46. A) out
47. A) disgraceful
48. A) look
49. A) each
50. A) had
51. A) held
52. A) illegal
53. A) occasion
D) an opportunity
8.A Class Placement Test B
Choose the correct word for each space
54) If you offer me chocolates, I will gladly_______ them (55)_______ the violet
ones which I can’t stand.
(56) She had a _______ for organization.
(57) If a ship is sinking it can let off a ______ to catch other ships’ attention.
(58) When they showed the slow______ replay you could see the played had
touched the ball with his hand.
59 I’m glad to see you’ve recovered from your stomach______.
60 For some museums and galleries in Malta there is a small admission______.
54. A) accept
55. A) accept
56. A) flair
57. A) flair
58. A) movement
59. A) condition
60. A) charge
Kirimkan Ini lewat Email BlogThis! Berbagi ke Twitter Berbagi ke Facebook Berbagi ke Google Buzz
Langgan: Entri (Atom)
Daftar Blog Saya
riomata andi pasya
Lihat profil lengkapku
▼ 2011 (1)
▼ Juni (1)
Akademi Keperawatan Dian Husada Mojokerto
Follow by Email
Total Tayangan Laman
Template Awesome Inc.. Didukung oleh Blogger.